Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Hot Chocolate 15K Run [and November Wrap Up)

The Hot Chocolate 15K Run was what I'd like to call a success.

I had recovered from the marathon and was excited to get back out and run that morning.

A group of us met up at the CARA tent before the race and walked to the start line together.

For the first time this year, the Hot Chocolate Run was held in Grant Park.

The course left something to be desired, but I've run worse courses.

For quite some time it was the Kims, Brian and I. Then it was just Kim A. and I.

Had Kim not been beside me the entire race, I would have certainly slowed down. She's faster than I am, and it's easy to forget how helpful it is to run with faster people. They give you the motivation and the push you need to challenge yourself.

We finished the race with a 9:4 pace overall. I can't even tell you how long it's been since I've done a run at that pace, and I've certainly never done a run of that distance at that pace ever.

The race ended with a backpack full of chocolate bars, followed by a trip to Ann Sathers.

The mild weather made it easy to run outside throughout most of November.

No comments: