Friday, November 05, 2010

Running to the Expo

Tomorrow is the Hot Chocolate 15K.

The race has grown in it's three year history. So much so, that this year the packet pick-up/expo was moved Running Away's Store to Union Station.

Packet pick-up was yesterday and today.

Since I don't often find myself anywhere near Union Station, I decided the best way to go there was to run. I needed to get a run in anyway, and Union Station's about two miles from work.

I headed out with a pair of running capris and long sleeve tech tee I had only my work I.D, Chicago Card and confirmation email.

I knew conditions were windy. What I wasn't expecting was hail, then rain on the 20 minute journey.

I entered Union Station and picked up Kim and my packets. As I verified our chips at chip check, a volunteer asked me why I was wet. I told her it was raining out. She paused and then said, "You ran here? From where?" So I told her where I'd come from. She then told me I was crazy.

That's ok. I think at some level we're all used to saying that.

The packets were too bulky to run back with, so I rode the [warm] bus back.

Four weeks ago it was 80 degrees, now it's 30 something. Really mother nature?

No comments: