Tuesday, March 01, 2011

8 Minute Abs

Remember the exercise video 8 Minute Abs?

Better yet, can you remember what workout wear looked like in the early '90's?

[Think spandex.]

If for nothing more than entertainment value, take a trip down memory lane and watch it:



After some talk of 8 minute abs by my uncle and cousins, I decided to check it out on youtube.

When the video was complete, I decided that there was no way I had done any quality work in 8 minutes, so I did it again. 16 minute abs.

The next day at work, I was surely sore. The 'program' (as the 8-minute abs guy in the unitard calls it) works or I have really weak abs. Maybe it's a little bit of both.

Since then, I've made a combination of 8 minute abs, followed by 8 minute arms, followed by a hard 15-20 minute ride on the bike trainer a stand-by, no-excuses at home work out.

And on days like today where I worked late and it's freezing outside, it's nice to know I can still do a little training.

No comments: